- July 1, 2017Huberspace celebrates 15 years in business!
15 years of making the Web a better place, one easy-to-use website at a time.
- November 16, 2011"Taking a Closer Look at 'User-Friendly' Websites" presented by Jim Huber
Jim shows why some people who claim to design "user-friendly" websites don't deliver on that promise.
- September 23, 2011"Best Practices for a Basic Website" seminar presented by Jim Huber
Jim talked about how to affordably make your basic business site at the GWU Ashburn campus.
- June 12, 2011Ironic Website Techniques: presentation by Jim Huber
Jim discusses techniques website owners and designers use to encourage behavior or results, but have the opposite effect.
- June 16, 2010Huberspace answers "Is your business ready for the mobile Web?"
Jim Huber talks to Loudoun Chamber networking group about mobile Web issues for small businesses.
- April 27, 2010Huberspace sponsors website for annual Loudoun SBDC event
Huberspace is Platinum Sponsor for "Building Business Together" conference.
- November 18, 2009Hidden website problems revealed
Huberspace owner identifies persistent website problems to Loudoun Network Alliance.
- September 10, 2009Backdoor 4.0 released!
Now add video and audio to your site. Security, error handling, and usability improvements. And more updates!
- May 6, 2009Blind accessibility sites not just for visually-impaired
Jim Huber gives eye-opening presentation to Loudoun LeadShare group about value of designing sites accessible to blind.
- January 15, 2009Backdoor 3.0 Content Management System released
The latest version includes text formatting, better usability, and lots of improvements.
- October 24, 2008New site design for Huberspace unveiled
At last, Huberspace.net gets a redesign!
- September 17, 2008Jim Huber puts "users" on the spot
Benefits of usability are shown by Huber to Loudoun Chamber networking group in Leesburg.
- August 20, 2008Huberspace nominated for 2008 Small Business of the Year Award
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce nominated Huberspace for the big award for its 2008 Small Business Awards.
- March 24, 2008Huberspace owner speaks about usability on panel
Jim Huber answers questions about usability and other Web design topics at Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce hosted panel.
- October 1, 2007Huberspace nominated for Technology award
Huberspace nominated for an award in the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce's 2007 Small Business Awards.
- September 24, 2007Huberspace presents "Pizza and Preconceived Web Site Notions"
Huberspace owner discusses common misconceptions about Web sites and the Web users to Loudoun Chamber group.
- September 5, 2007Huberspace in the spotlight at network group relaunch
Jim Huber kicks off Loudoun Chamber network group meeting with an interactive presentation called "What's in YOUR Web Site."
- September 1, 2007Ready, set, spoof
Jim Huber spoke to Campaigns & Elections about parody political campaign sites.
- July 1, 2007Huberspace celebrates fifth anniversary
After five years, Huberspace is going strong, still adding services and team members dedicated to goals vs. glitz.
- July 1, 2006Huberspace celebrates four years in business
Four years of web design for political, law firm, and commercial sites, as well as freelance cartooning.
- January 22, 2006Backdoor 2.0 Content Management System unveiled by Huberspace
The latest version includes new features, such as blog and testimonial admin tools, and other upgraded system tools.
- November 15, 2005Huberspace wins Home Based Business of the Year Award
Huberspace takes home the prize for home based business for the the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Awards.
- March 1, 2011Bing Overtakes Yahoo! Globally for First Time
But they still trail far behind Google.
- February 12, 2011Google Penalizes JCPenney for Shady SEO Practices
This is why we tell our clients to resist the lure of high ranking from deceptive search engine optimization practices.
- June 24, 2010The evolving blogosphere: An empire gives way
The blog bandwagon is slowing down. Nothing that comes as a surprise to us.
- January 5, 2010What's Next in Web Design?
"Better interaction design, less graphic design. Better user experience, less debates about taste. Faster technology, more reliable design standards." Where have you heard that before?
- November 15, 2009Google Does Not Use Keywords Meta Tag
You can stop asking about "plugging keywords into Google." It doesn't help, and probably hasn't for a long time.
- October 2, 2009Text still rules
How to get readers' attention? Hint: it's not with with the graphics.
- August 26, 2009Facebook Exodus
Is the novelty of the social media site beginning to wear off?
- January 15, 2009Teens on social networks still outrank adults 2-1
Adults use social networking primarily for personal rather than professional reasons. More evidence against social networking hype.
- December 9, 2008People don't trust company blogs
Yet another reason we're not on the blog bandwagon.
- September 23, 2008How To Build A Killer Small Business Website
Step 1: call Huberspace. :-)
- September 16, 2008Web 2.0 payoff still hazy
Data on emerging technologies show Web 2.0 isn't giving companies a big return.
- May 24, 2008Web users 'getting more ruthless'
No-nonsense Web sites are validated once again.
- May 4, 2008Has Facebook Jumped the Shark as a Political Tool?
Social networking in politics isn't as great as we've been hearing.
- August 28, 2007You Don't Know Jack About Web Site Usability
A good example about developers that give lip service to Web usability testing but don't know what it is.
- July 30, 2007SEO Epiphanies
Major revelation: SEO doesn't mean anything when no one can use your site.
- July 24, 2007The 'Three Moments of Truth' Web Site Checklist
Web Usability = good marketing.
- July 3, 2007Yahoo Unveils Personalized Ads
Yahoo's advertising service uses behavioral, demographic and geographic information to display ads that cater to users' interests.
- April 30, 2007Marketers zooming in on your daily routines
Big companies perform extensive usability testing to improve their products.
- February 11, 2007Forget Gimmicks: Buyers Want Numbers
Real estate agent and brokers realize that better information on Web sites sells, not flashy toys.